Non-Destructive Testing for Concrete
Non-destructively testing concrete structures provides valuable information and can reveal unanticipated or hidden deterioration. This testing is typically related to detecting reinforcement location and condition and evidence of deterioration such as voids, cracking, and delamination.
VCS' engineers understand and deploy non-destructive test methods whenever possible to assess the condition of concrete structures.
- Chain dragging and hammer sounding
- Electrical resistivity
- Galvanostatic pulse corrosion rate
- Ground penetrating radar
- Half-cell corrosion potential mapping
- Impact echo
- Infrared thermography
- Pachometer / rebar locators
- Ultrasonic tomography / pulse echo
- Visual inspection
- Borescope inspection
- Corrosion potential mapping
- Post-tension moisture testing